Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Municipality of Anchorage

  •   State: 
    Alaska
      County: 
    Municipality of Anchorage
      Zips: 
    99511
    99514
    99520
    99511
    99521
    99522
    99524
    99505
    99540
    99506
    99509
    99513
    99505
    99506
    99587
    99567
    99516
    99517
    99502
    99504
    99577
    99515
    99507
    99518
    99508
    99501
    99503
      Area total: 
    1944.05 sq. mi., 5035.06 sq. km, 1244191.36 acres
      Area land: 
    1706.80 sq. mi., 4420.59 sq. km, 1092352.00 acres
      Area water: 
    237.25 sq. mi., 614.47 sq. km, 151839.36 acres
      Elevation: 
    102 ft (31 m)
      Established: 
    1975
      Capital seat: 

    Anchorage
    Address: 632 W 6Th Ave
    Anchorage, AK 99501-6312
    Governing Body: Assembly with 11 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska, United States

  •   Population: 
    291,247; Population change: -0.20% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    170.63 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $69,134
      Households: 
    103,855
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.40% per 148,392 county labor force
  •   GDP: 
    $20.83 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Municipality of Anchorage's population of Alaska of 11,300 residents in 1930 has increased 25,77-fold to 291,247 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.00% female residents and 51.00% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.54% in Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska are married and the remaining 43.46% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.54% in Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska are married and the remaining 43.46% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    118,640 residential units of which 92.16% share occupied residential units.

    21.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Municipality of Anchorage require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    74.68% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.63% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.92% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.71% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska 56.80% are owner-occupied homes, another 36.35% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.85% are vacant.

  • The 35.03% of the population in Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 57.160%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 40.400%) of those eligible to vote in Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.

Skyline of Municipality of Anchorage

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

ION Media Networks

8112 304th Ave SE C, Preston, WA 98050

CreaTV San Jose

255 W Julian St # 100, San Jose, CA 95110

North Metro TV

12520 Polk St NE, Blaine, Minnesota 55434

Starchannel Communications Inc

4909 N McColl Rd, McAllen, TX 78504

Northern Michigan Treasure

5532 School Rd, Spruce, MI 48762

Landscape of Alaska