Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Contra Costa County

  •   State: 
    California
      County: 
    Contra Costa County
      Zips: 
    94529
    94850
    94575
    94802
    94575
    94516
    94524
    94820
    94807
    94570
    94569
    94553
    94528
    94522
    94506
    94803
    94803
    94548
    94801
    94523
    94511
    94514
    94525
    94572
    94553
    94565
    94505
    94517
    94582
    94547
    94806
    94805
    94556
    94506
    94803
    94519
    94561
    94507
    94595
    94531
    94521
    94801
    94518
    94806
    94564
    94563
    94530
    94597
    94565
    94804
    94549
    94598
    94523
    94509
    94526
    94513
    94553
    94520
    94583
    94596
      Coordinates: 
    37.92341327307142, -121.95103469379332
      Area total: 
    804.06 sq. mi., 2082.52 sq. km, 514600.32 acres
      Area land: 
    717.08 sq. mi., 1857.23 sq. km, 458931.20 acres
      Area water: 
    86.98 sq. mi., 225.29 sq. km, 55669.12 acres
      Elevation: 
    3,852 ft (1,174 m)
      Established: 
    1850
      Capital seat: 

    Martinez
    Address: 651 Pine Street
    Martinez, CA
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Contra Costa County, California, United States

  •   Population: 
    1,165,927; Population change: 11.14% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,626 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $78,623
      Households: 
    372,652
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.90% per 541,256 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      Income taxes: 
    9.30%
      GDP: 
    $76.52 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Contra Costa County's population of California of 78,608 residents in 1930 has increased 14,83-fold to 1,165,927 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.88% female residents and 49.12% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.03% in Contra Costa County, California are married and the remaining 40.97% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.03% in Contra Costa County, California are married and the remaining 40.97% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    423,342 residential units of which 96.15% share occupied residential units.

    37.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Contra Costa County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    70.37% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.64% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 8.65% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.28% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Contra Costa County, California 66.25% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.94% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.81% are vacant.

  • The 37.99% of the population in Contra Costa County, California who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 30.100%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 67.730%) of those eligible to vote in Contra Costa County, California.

Skyline of Contra Costa County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Cartoon Network Latin America

601 Brickell Key Dr # 403, Miami, FL 33131

Myt V8

301 Tower Rd, Naples, FL 34113

American Tower Corporation

1423 S Grant Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405

WPBM

9406 New Glasgow Rd, Scottsville, KY 42164

Paladin Entertainment Inc

6091 Reserve Dr, Boulder, CO 80303

Landscape of California