Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Kern County

  •   State: 
    California
      County: 
    Kern County
      Zips: 
    93385
    93388
    93502
    93528
    93387
    93528
    93556
    93302
    93384
    93519
    93216
    93255
    93276
    93554
    93303
    93386
    93523
    93287
    93220
    93523
    93581
    93380
    93389
    93226
    93390
    93524
    93243
    93531
    93240
    93205
    93224
    93251
    93252
    93283
    93518
    93222
    93516
    93527
    93285
    93249
    93206
    93243
    93238
    93505
    93250
    93225
    93501
    93240
    93241
    93560
    93203
    93268
    93314
    93280
    93263
    93306
    93305
    93311
    93215
    93561
    93312
    93313
    93555
    93304
    93307
    93308
    93309
    93301
      Coordinates: 
    35.342621428869, -118.73002807836309
      Area total: 
    8162.67 sq. mi., 21141.22 sq. km, 5224110.08 acres
      Area land: 
    8132.29 sq. mi., 21062.54 sq. km, 5204667.52 acres
      Area water: 
    30.38 sq. mi., 78.68 sq. km, 19442.56 acres
      Elevation: 
    8,755 ft (2,669 m)
      Established: 
    1866
      Capital seat: 

    Bakersfield
    Address: 1115 Truxtun Ave Fl 5
    County Administration Center
    Bakersfield, CA 93301-4617
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Kern County, California, United States

  •   Population: 
    909,235; Population change: 8.29% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    112 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,629
      Households: 
    252,104
      Unemployment rate: 
    12.50% per 383,769 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.25%
      Income taxes: 
    9.30%
      GDP: 
    $51.42 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Kern County's population of California of 82,574 residents in 1930 has increased 11,01-fold to 909,235 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.27% female residents and 51.73% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.09% in Kern County, California are married and the remaining 38.91% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.09% in Kern County, California are married and the remaining 38.91% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    301,009 residential units of which 93.52% share occupied residential units.

    24.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Kern County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    74.82% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 17.63% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.19% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.68% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Kern County, California 58.66% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.79% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.55% are vacant.

  • The 42.63% of the population in Kern County, California who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 57.890%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 40.140%) of those eligible to vote in Kern County, California.

Skyline of Kern County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

lelo Community Television

1122 Mapunapuna St, Honolulu, HI 96819

Showtime Networks

1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019

Television & Radio Features

Northbrook, IL 60065

Broadcast Communications Inc

Greensburg, PA 15601

Landscape of California