Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

La Plata County

  •   State: 
    Colorado
      County: 
    La Plata County
      Zips: 
    81329
    81302
    81326
    81137
    81122
    81303
    81301
      Coordinates: 
    37.28658197505646, -107.84327073159353
      Area total: 
    1699.58 sq. mi., 4401.90 sq. km, 1087733.12 acres
      Area land: 
    1689.68 sq. mi., 4376.26 sq. km, 1081396.48 acres
      Area water: 
    9.90 sq. mi., 25.64 sq. km, 6336.64 acres
      Established: 
    1874
      Capital seat: 

    Durango
    Address: 1101 E 2Nd Ave
    County Courthouse
    Durango, CO 81301-5155
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • La Plata County, Colorado, United States

  •   Population: 
    55,638; Population change: 8.38% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    33 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $52,927
      Households: 
    3,043
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.80% per 31,366 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.90%
      Income taxes: 
    4.63%
      GDP: 
    $3.32 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • La Plata County's population of Colorado of 4,899 residents in 1930 has increased 1,52-fold to 7,436 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 46.90% female residents and 53.10% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.43% in La Plata County, Colorado are married and the remaining 42.57% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.43% in La Plata County, Colorado are married and the remaining 42.57% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    28,198 residential units of which 83.29% share occupied residential units.

    22.7 minutes is the average time that residents in La Plata County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    69.47% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.73% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.97% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 8.60% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in La Plata County, Colorado 55.62% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.41% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.97% are vacant.

  • The 55.35% of the population in La Plata County, Colorado who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 41.110%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.390%) of those eligible to vote in La Plata County, Colorado.

Skyline of La Plata County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

CreaTV San Jose

255 W Julian St # 100, San Jose, CA 95110

Scott Cable Communications

90 Hudson St, Copiague, NY 11726

Graham-Patten Systems

119 E McKnight Way # A, Grass Valley, CA 95949

Korean Television San Diego

7888 Dagget St # 102, San Diego, CA 92111

KCTL

125 Barney St, Livingston, TX 77351

Landscape of Colorado