Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Montezuma County

  •   State: 
    Colorado
      County: 
    Montezuma County
      Zips: 
    81335
    81330
    81331
    81327
    81334
    81323
    81328
    81321
      Coordinates: 
    37.338433944301414, -108.59666990985005
      Area total: 
    2039.85 sq. mi., 5283.20 sq. km, 1305506.56 acres
      Area land: 
    2029.35 sq. mi., 5255.99 sq. km, 1298783.36 acres
      Area water: 
    10.51 sq. mi., 27.21 sq. km, 6723.20 acres
      Established: 
    1889
      Capital seat: 

    Cortez
    Address: 109 W Main St
    County Courthouse
    Cortez, CO 81321-3126
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Montezuma County, Colorado, United States

  •   Population: 
    25,849; Population change: 1.23% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    13 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $39,390
      Households: 
    16,180
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.10% per 12,703 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.40%
      Income taxes: 
    4.63%
      GDP: 
    $1.82 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Montezuma County's population of Colorado of 11,742 residents in 1930 has increased 3,63-fold to 42,679 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.80% female residents and 49.20% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.79% in Montezuma County, Colorado are married and the remaining 37.21% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.79% in Montezuma County, Colorado are married and the remaining 37.21% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    12,295 residential units of which 87.89% share occupied residential units.

    23.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Montezuma County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    73.13% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 16.66% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.38% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.76% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Montezuma County, Colorado 67.73% are owner-occupied homes, another 22.67% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.60% are vacant.

  • The 55.35% of the population in Montezuma County, Colorado who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 58.870%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 39.420%) of those eligible to vote in Montezuma County, Colorado.

Skyline of Montezuma County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Thomas Kent

145 N Gene Autry Trail, Palm Springs, CA 92262

WDBB TV Inc

2820 Columbiana Rd # 210, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216

Radio Unica

5000 Birch St, Newport Beach, CA 92660

Trinity Broadcasting Network

1550 Agape Way, Decatur, GA 30035

Major Television Inc

54 W Hubbard St, Chicago, IL 60654

Landscape of Colorado