Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Litchfield County

  •   State: 
    Connecticut
      County: 
    Litchfield County
      Zips: 
    06094
    06079
    06758
    06781
    06061
    06063
    06777
    06793
    06753
    06785
    06021
    06778
    06024
    06779
    06754
    06754
    06793
    06755
    06796
    06752
    06782
    06031
    06063
    06058
    06763
    06777
    06783
    06068
    06794
    06756
    06750
    06039
    06779
    06751
    06791
    06018
    06757
    06069
    06057
    06786
    06787
    06759
    06098
    06798
    06795
    06776
    06790
      Area total: 
    944.59 sq. mi., 2446.46 sq. km, 604534.40 acres
      Area land: 
    920.51 sq. mi., 2384.12 sq. km, 589128.96 acres
      Area water: 
    24.07 sq. mi., 62.34 sq. km, 15405.44 acres
  • Litchfield County, Connecticut, United States

  •   Household income: 
    $68,661
      Households: 
    66,212
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.90%
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
  • Litchfield County's population of Connecticut of 143,196 residents in 1990 has increased 1,15-fold to 164,245 residents after 30 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.14% female residents and 48.86% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.17% in Litchfield County, Connecticut are married and the remaining 40.83% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.17% in Litchfield County, Connecticut are married and the remaining 40.83% are single population.

  • 28.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Litchfield County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.50% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.48% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.03% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.95% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Litchfield County, Connecticut 67.93% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.83% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.24% are vacant.

  • The 51.18% of the population in Litchfield County, Connecticut who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 46.660%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.570%) of those eligible to vote in Litchfield County, Connecticut.

Skyline of Litchfield County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Kscb TV Siouxland Christian

812 E 41st St, Sioux Falls, SD 57105

Horizon Security Systems

13 Deer Pond Dr, Warwick, NY 10990

Withers Broadcasting Co

1500 W B St, Iron Mountain, MI 49801

Satellite Connections

102 Commerce St, Brooklyn, NY 11231

Fox News

400 North Capitol St NW, Washington, DC 20001

Landscape of Connecticut