Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Coles County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Coles County
      Zips: 
    61931
    62440
    61912
    61943
    61920
    61938
      Coordinates: 
    39.520296085063045, -88.2217535301831
      Area total: 
    510.07 sq. mi., 1321.07 sq. km, 326442.88 acres
      Area land: 
    508.28 sq. mi., 1316.45 sq. km, 325301.12 acres
      Area water: 
    1.78 sq. mi., 4.62 sq. km, 1141.76 acres
      Established: 
    1830
      Capital seat: 

    Charleston
    Address: 651 Jackson Ave
    County Courthouse
    Charleston, IL 61920-2053
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 12 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Coles County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    46,863; Population change: -13.01% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    92 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $36,912
      Households: 
    1,931,550
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.40% per 23,148 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $2.33 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Coles County's population of Illinois of 3,982,123 residents in 1930 has increased 1,32-fold to 5,275,541 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.19% female residents and 48.81% male residents live in as of 2020, 49.97% in Coles County, Illinois are married and the remaining 50.03% are single population.

    As of 2020, 49.97% in Coles County, Illinois are married and the remaining 50.03% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    22,739 residential units of which 87.34% share occupied residential units.

    18.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Coles County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.97% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.11% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.44% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.87% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Coles County, Illinois 56.24% are owner-occupied homes, another 34.55% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.21% are vacant.

  • The 37.59% of the population in Coles County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.570%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.770%) of those eligible to vote in Coles County, Illinois.

Skyline of Coles County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

KAJ - Kalispell

301 1st Ave E, Kalispell, MT 59901

Top LED Lumination

8600 Commodity Cir STE 117, Orlando, FL 32819

News On 6 KOTV

303 N Boston Ave, Tulsa, OK 74103

Nashville Public Television

161 Rains Ave, Nashville, TN 37203

TV Asahi America Inc

875 3rd Ave #3, New York, NY 10022

Landscape of Illinois