Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

DeKalb County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    DeKalb County
      Zips: 
    60111
    60129
    60145
    60550
    60150
    60146
    60112
    60556
    60520
    60135
    60548
    60178
    60115
      Coordinates: 
    41.893529248348734, -88.77031583920733
      Area total: 
    634.64 sq. mi., 1643.72 sq. km, 406171.52 acres
      Area land: 
    631.34 sq. mi., 1635.15 sq. km, 404055.68 acres
      Area water: 
    3.31 sq. mi., 8.56 sq. km, 2115.84 acres
      Established: 
    1837
      Capital seat: 

    Sycamore
    Address: 200 N Main Street
    Legislative Center
    Sycamore, IL 60178-1413
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 24 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • DeKalb County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    100,420; Population change: -4.51% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    159 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $54,143
      Households: 
    7,525
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.20% per 53,031 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.50%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $3.78 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • DeKalb County's population of Illinois of 17,914 residents in 1930 has increased 1,1-fold to 19,740 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.96% female residents and 49.04% male residents live in as of 2020, 63.22% in DeKalb County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.78% are single population.

    As of 2020, 63.22% in DeKalb County, Illinois are married and the remaining 36.78% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    41,311 residential units of which 93.16% share occupied residential units.

    25.9 minutes is the average time that residents in DeKalb County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.03% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.15% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.29% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in DeKalb County, Illinois 58.09% are owner-occupied homes, another 37.77% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.14% are vacant.

  • The 47.26% of the population in DeKalb County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.760%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 57.530%) of those eligible to vote in DeKalb County, Illinois.

Skyline of DeKalb County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

WICD-TV

250 S Country Fair Dr, Champaign, IL 61821

WPBM

9406 New Glasgow Rd, Scottsville, KY 42164

Tomtronics

54 Wright St, New Bedford, MA 02740

Page One Media

6355 NW 36th St, Virginia Gardens, FL 33166

On the Edge Cyberspace Inc

1509 E Madison St # 101, Seattle, WA 98122

Landscape of Illinois