Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Sangamon County

  •   State: 
    Illinois
      County: 
    Sangamon County
      Zips: 
    62715
    62761
    62763
    62777
    62786
    62794
    62705
    62723
    62762
    62791
    62708
    62766
    62689
    62764
    62704
    62756
    62706
    62625
    62536
    62515
    62545
    62520
    62661
    62769
    62539
    62693
    62530
    62781
    62677
    62684
    62670
    62558
    62561
    62615
    62563
    62712
    62707
    62629
    62701
    62711
    62702
    62703
    62704
      Coordinates: 
    39.75817417768929, -89.65891001043491
      Area total: 
    877.01 sq. mi., 2271.45 sq. km, 561287.68 acres
      Area land: 
    868.27 sq. mi., 2248.80 sq. km, 555691.52 acres
      Area water: 
    8.74 sq. mi., 22.65 sq. km, 5596.16 acres
      Established: 
    1821
      Capital seat: 

    Springfield
    Address: 200 S 9Th St
    County Courthouse
    Springfield, IL 62701-1629
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 29 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Sangamon County, Illinois, United States

  •   Population: 
    196,343; Population change: -0.57% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    226 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $48,532
      Households: 
    101,911
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.20% per 96,869 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.75%
      Income taxes: 
    3.00%
      GDP: 
    $10.70 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Sangamon County's population of Illinois of 157,775 residents in 1930 has increased 1,63-fold to 257,400 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 52.20% female residents and 47.80% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.64% in Sangamon County, Illinois are married and the remaining 45.36% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.64% in Sangamon County, Illinois are married and the remaining 45.36% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    92,982 residential units of which 90.77% share occupied residential units.

    21.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Sangamon County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.87% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.71% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.56% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.70% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Sangamon County, Illinois 64.61% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.63% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.76% are vacant.

  • The 55.34% of the population in Sangamon County, Illinois who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.030%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 51.390%) of those eligible to vote in Sangamon County, Illinois.

Skyline of Sangamon County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

ASI Show

700 Co Rd 1882, Linden, TX 75563

Tokyo Broadcasting System International

529 14th St NW #1088, Washington, DC 20045

Advanced Antennas

1140 Tansey Rd, Springfield, IL 62712

Somerset Access TV

274 Main St, Somerset, MA 02726

Tempest Media Productions

41990 Lookout Dr, Homer, AK 99603

Landscape of Illinois