Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Elkhart County

  •   State: 
    Indiana
      County: 
    Elkhart County
      Zips: 
    46527
    46515
    46543
    46553
    46573
    46507
    46540
    46550
    46528
    46517
    46526
    46516
    46514
      Coordinates: 
    41.59738436178285, -85.85875540187104
      Area total: 
    467.97 sq. mi., 1212.04 sq. km, 299501.44 acres
      Area land: 
    463.17 sq. mi., 1199.60 sq. km, 296428.80 acres
      Area water: 
    4.80 sq. mi., 12.43 sq. km, 3072.64 acres
      Established: 
    1830
      Capital seat: 

    Goshen
    Address: 117 N 2Nd St
    County Courthouse
    Goshen, IN 46526-3243
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Elkhart County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    207,047; Population change: 4.80% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    447 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $49,033
      Households: 
    9,831
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 110,494 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    3.75%
      GDP: 
    $14.50 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Elkhart County's population of Indiana of 19,243 residents in 1930 has increased 1,22-fold to 23,398 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.67% female residents and 48.33% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.92% in Elkhart County, Indiana are married and the remaining 38.08% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.92% in Elkhart County, Indiana are married and the remaining 38.08% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    79,594 residential units of which 93.76% share occupied residential units.

    20.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Elkhart County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.63% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.07% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.42% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.52% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Elkhart County, Indiana 68.44% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.14% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.41% are vacant.

  • The 36.94% of the population in Elkhart County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 55.130%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.940%) of those eligible to vote in Elkhart County, Indiana.

Skyline of Elkhart County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

H Q TV Electronics & Satellite

218 N 1st St, Shelton, WA 98584

KSTP-TV 5 Eyewitness News

3415 University Ave SE, St Paul, MN 55114

ABC National Television Sales

4100 City Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19131

Palco Enterprises

109 Bostick Dr, Hopkinsville, KY 42240

KHQA

301 S 36th St, Quincy, IL 62301

Landscape of Indiana