Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Vanderburgh County

  •   State: 
    Vanderburgh County
    38.024835000822684, -87.58582751130201
      Area total: 
    236.64 sq. mi., 612.88 sq. km, 151446.40 acres
      Area land: 
    233.68 sq. mi., 605.22 sq. km, 149552.00 acres
      Area water: 
    2.96 sq. mi., 7.67 sq. km, 1894.40 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 825 Sycamore St
    County Courthouse
    Evansville, IN 47708-1810
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Vanderburgh County, Indiana, United States

  •   Population: 
    180,136; Population change: 0.24% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    772 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.20% per 91,573 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $10.29 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Vanderburgh County's population of Indiana of 23,238 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,66-fold to 15,439 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.94% female residents and 49.06% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.59% in Vanderburgh County, Indiana are married and the remaining 38.41% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.59% in Vanderburgh County, Indiana are married and the remaining 38.41% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    84,058 residential units of which 90.51% share occupied residential units.

    20.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Vanderburgh County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.29% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.17% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.06% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.23% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Vanderburgh County, Indiana 61.33% are owner-occupied homes, another 29.26% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.41% are vacant.

  • The 48.65% of the population in Vanderburgh County, Indiana who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.310%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.770%) of those eligible to vote in Vanderburgh County, Indiana.

Skyline of Vanderburgh County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Cbs47 Wtev TV

11700 Central Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL 32224

Fox Sports Ohio

200 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Kscb TV Siouxland Christian

812 E 41st St, Sioux Falls, SD 57105

Independent Broadcast Group LLC

3013 N San Fernando Blvd, Burbank, CA 91504


2820 Columbiana Rd # 210, Vestavia Hills, AL 35216

Landscape of Indiana