Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Calhoun County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Calhoun County
      Zips: 
    50552
    50551
    50586
    50538
    50575
    51453
    51449
    50563
    50579
      Coordinates: 
    42.38518481184726, -94.64041355581249
      Area total: 
    572.11 sq. mi., 1481.77 sq. km, 366152.96 acres
      Area land: 
    569.85 sq. mi., 1475.89 sq. km, 364701.44 acres
      Area water: 
    2.27 sq. mi., 5.87 sq. km, 1451.52 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Rockwell City
    Address: 416 4Th St
    County Courthouse
    Rockwell City, IA 50579-1428
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Calhoun County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    9,927; Population change: 2.66% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    17 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,131
      Households: 
    8,558
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.10% per 4,096 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $463.77 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Calhoun County's population of Iowa of 22,326 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,93-fold to 20,760 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.17% female residents and 48.83% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.46% in Calhoun County, Iowa are married and the remaining 38.54% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.46% in Calhoun County, Iowa are married and the remaining 38.54% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    4,771 residential units of which 85.31% share occupied residential units.

    20.2 minutes is the average time that residents in Calhoun County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.10% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.50% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.20% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.85% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Calhoun County, Iowa 62.67% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.13% are rented apartments, and the remaining 19.20% are vacant.

  • The 80.77% of the population in Calhoun County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.760%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.060%) of those eligible to vote in Calhoun County, Iowa.

Skyline of Calhoun County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

KXLG

835 Jenson Ave S, Watertown, SD 57201

Bernards Television Co

216 US-206 #15, Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844

Krrt

Kerrville, TX 78028

Ancel Color TV

1255 Kern St, Fresno, CA 93706

West Hollywood City Channel 1

8300 CA-2, West Hollywood, CA 90069

Landscape of Iowa