Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Palo Alto County

  •   State: 
    Iowa
      County: 
    Palo Alto County
      Zips: 
    50527
    50528
    50515
    50562
    51358
    51342
    50597
    50536
      Coordinates: 
    43.08206436572392, -94.67813698031654
      Area total: 
    569.44 sq. mi., 1474.83 sq. km, 364438.40 acres
      Area land: 
    563.86 sq. mi., 1460.40 sq. km, 360872.96 acres
      Area water: 
    5.57 sq. mi., 14.43 sq. km, 3565.44 acres
      Established: 
    1851
      Capital seat: 

    Emmetsburg
    Address: 1010 Broadway St
    County Courthouse
    Emmetsburg, IA 50536-2483
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Palo Alto County, Iowa, United States

  •   Population: 
    8,996; Population change: -4.51% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    16 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,725
      Households: 
    9,323
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.60% per 4,540 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    8.98%
      GDP: 
    $615.50 M, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Palo Alto County's population of Iowa of 24,159 residents in 1930 has increased 1,06-fold to 25,698 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.01% female residents and 49.99% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.95% in Palo Alto County, Iowa are married and the remaining 35.05% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.95% in Palo Alto County, Iowa are married and the remaining 35.05% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    4,516 residential units of which 84.83% share occupied residential units.

    16.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Palo Alto County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.14% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.07% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.59% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 8.32% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Palo Alto County, Iowa 61.76% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.82% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.42% are vacant.

  • The 88.94% of the population in Palo Alto County, Iowa who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 47.710%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 50.500%) of those eligible to vote in Palo Alto County, Iowa.

Skyline of Palo Alto County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Clark Powell Associates

3971 NC-127, Hickory, NC 28602

Smoke Island

6610 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom, California 95630

Tourist Network

8317 Front Beach Rd STE 23, Panama City Beach, FL 32407

ABC National Television Sales

4100 City Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19131

KHQA

301 S 36th St, Quincy, IL 62301

Landscape of Iowa