Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Ellis County

  •   State: 
    Kansas
      County: 
    Ellis County
      Zips: 
    67674
    67660
    67667
    67671
    67637
    67601
      Coordinates: 
    38.91475132577534, -99.31723164536253
      Area total: 
    900.37 sq. mi., 2331.96 sq. km, 576239.36 acres
      Area land: 
    899.91 sq. mi., 2330.76 sq. km, 575943.68 acres
      Area water: 
    0.46 sq. mi., 1.20 sq. km, 295.68 acres
      Established: 
    1867
      Capital seat: 

    Hays
    Address: 718 Main St.
    Hays, KS
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Ellis County, Kansas, United States

  •   Population: 
    28,934; Population change: 1.69% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    32.2 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $42,256
      Households: 
    2,409
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.50% per 16,920 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.05%
      Income taxes: 
    6.45%
      GDP: 
    $1.57 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Ellis County's population of Kansas of 10,132 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,63-fold to 6,376 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 46.26% female residents and 53.74% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.26% in Ellis County, Kansas are married and the remaining 40.74% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.26% in Ellis County, Kansas are married and the remaining 40.74% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    13,166 residential units of which 90.03% share occupied residential units.

    15 minutes is the average time that residents in Ellis County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.60% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.54% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.04% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.58% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Ellis County, Kansas 58.97% are owner-occupied homes, another 33.75% are rented apartments, and the remaining 7.29% are vacant.

  • The 47.78% of the population in Ellis County, Kansas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 65.940%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 32.220%) of those eligible to vote in Ellis County, Kansas.

Skyline of Ellis County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Che-Lu

76 High St, Somersworth, NH 03878

Horizon Security Systems

13 Deer Pond Dr, Warwick, NY 10990

Folgado M D

80 Fulton St, Clark, NJ 07066

Jarvis Productions Ltd

171 W 57th St, New York, NY 10019

Wave Channel 21

626 Elm St, Woodland, CA 95695

Landscape of Kansas