Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Charles County

  •   State: 
    Maryland
      County: 
    Charles County
      Zips: 
    20661
    20645
    20645
    20612
    20604
    20693
    20617
    20632
    20658
    20603
    20625
    20611
    20602
    20675
    20662
    20677
    20664
    20616
    20637
    20640
    20622
    20695
    20603
    20602
    20646
    20601
      Coordinates: 
    38.4736812908362, -77.0134841202959
      Area total: 
    642.94 sq. mi., 1665.20 sq. km, 411479.04 acres
      Area land: 
    457.80 sq. mi., 1185.69 sq. km, 292990.08 acres
      Area water: 
    185.14 sq. mi., 479.51 sq. km, 118488.96 acres
      Established: 
    1658
      Capital seat: 

    La Plata
    Address: 200 Baltimore Street
    P.O. Box 2150
    La Plata, MD 20646-2150
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Charles County, Maryland, United States

  •   Population: 
    166,617; Population change: 13.69% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    364 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $82,998
      Households: 
    50,855
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.70% per 86,099 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    7.65%
      GDP: 
    $5.12 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Charles County's population of Maryland of 16,166 residents in 1930 has increased 10,31-fold to 166,617 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.46% female residents and 48.54% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.00% in Charles County, Maryland are married and the remaining 39.00% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.00% in Charles County, Maryland are married and the remaining 39.00% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    62,123 residential units of which 95.15% share occupied residential units.

    42.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Charles County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.74% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.81% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.35% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.74% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Charles County, Maryland 74.28% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.05% are rented apartments, and the remaining 5.67% are vacant.

  • The 38.84% of the population in Charles County, Maryland who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 36.690%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 62.220%) of those eligible to vote in Charles County, Maryland.

Skyline of Charles County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Kkot Studio

1418 25th St, Columbus, NE 68601

KTNV Channel 13 Action News Las Vegas

3355 S Valley View Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89102

WKQL

6440 Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32211

DTC Burglar & Fire Alarms & CCTV Services

5935 State Hwy 18 W Ste. B-1, Jackson, MS 39209

KHBB

601 Euclid Ave STE A, Helena, MT 59601

Landscape of Maryland