Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Dickinson County

  •   State: 
    Michigan
      County: 
    Dickinson County
      Zips: 
    49801
    49852
    49877
    49834
    49815
    49881
    49831
    49892
    49876
    49870
    49802
    49801
      Coordinates: 
    46.00923941061042, -87.87025870867842
      Area total: 
    776.59 sq. mi., 2011.35 sq. km, 497015.68 acres
      Area land: 
    760.95 sq. mi., 1970.85 sq. km, 487006.72 acres
      Area water: 
    15.64 sq. mi., 40.51 sq. km, 10008.96 acres
      Established: 
    1891
      Capital seat: 

    Iron Mountain
    Address: 705 S. Stephenson Ave.
    PO Box 609
    Iron Mountain, MI 49801-0609
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Dickinson County, Michigan, United States

  •   Population: 
    25,947; Population change: -0.84% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    34 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,421
      Households: 
    11,416
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.00% per 12,206 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    4.35%
      GDP: 
    $1.23 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Dickinson County's population of Michigan of 29,941 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,87-fold to 25,947 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.11% female residents and 48.89% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.35% in Dickinson County, Michigan are married and the remaining 38.65% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.35% in Dickinson County, Michigan are married and the remaining 38.65% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    13,917 residential units of which 83.13% share occupied residential units.

    17.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Dickinson County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.56% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.25% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.12% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.41% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Dickinson County, Michigan 65.83% are owner-occupied homes, another 15.94% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.23% are vacant.

  • The 79.43% of the population in Dickinson County, Michigan who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.960%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.040%) of those eligible to vote in Dickinson County, Michigan.

Skyline of Dickinson County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

WTSN TV 36

300 SE Riverside Dr, Evansville, IN 47713

Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc

10706 Beaver Dam Rd, Cockeysville, MD 21030

Satellites & More

121 Maple St, Clarksville, AR 72830

WMTW

99 Danville Corner Rd, Auburn, ME 04210

Mac Channel 3

312 W Michigan St, Mt Pleasant, Michigan 48858

Landscape of Michigan