Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Washington County

  •   State: 
    Mississippi
      County: 
    Washington County
      Zips: 
    38780
    38782
    38723
    38731
    38760
    38722
    38776
    38744
    38748
    38756
    38703
    38701
      Coordinates: 
    33.283825059317934, -90.94732039738359
      Area total: 
    761.23 sq. mi., 1971.57 sq. km, 487184.64 acres
      Area land: 
    725.64 sq. mi., 1879.40 sq. km, 464410.88 acres
      Area water: 
    35.58 sq. mi., 92.16 sq. km, 22773.76 acres
      Established: 
    1827
      Capital seat: 

    Greenville
    Address: PO BOX 309
    County Courthouse
    Greenville, MS 38702-0309
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Washington County, Mississippi, United States

  •   Population: 
    44,922; Population change: -12.15% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    62 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $29,174
      Households: 
    19,629
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.00% per 16,182 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.39 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Washington County's population of Mississippi of 54,310 residents in 1930 has dropped 0,83-fold to 44,922 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 53.33% female residents and 46.67% male residents live in as of 2020, 47.83% in Washington County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 52.17% are single population.

    As of 2020, 47.83% in Washington County, Mississippi are married and the remaining 52.17% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    20,879 residential units of which 85.99% share occupied residential units.

    19.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Washington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.28% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 19.16% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.89% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.05% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Washington County, Mississippi 49.33% are owner-occupied homes, another 32.41% are rented apartments, and the remaining 18.26% are vacant.

  • The 43.66% of the population in Washington County, Mississippi who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 32.410%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 67.140%) of those eligible to vote in Washington County, Mississippi.

Skyline of Washington County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Pegasus Inc

1309 1st Ave, Perry, IA 50220

Kost Broadcast Sales Inc

533 West Ave #90, Elmhurst, IL 60126

fred tv

360 Elsbree St, Fall River, MA 02720

Orion Neighborhood Television

1349 Joslyn Rd, Lake Orion, MI 48360

Grid Sense Inc

2568 Industrial Blvd #110, West Sacramento, CA 95691

Landscape of Mississippi