Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Chaves County

  •   State: 
    New Mexico
      County: 
    Chaves County
      Zips: 
    88253
    88202
    88232
    88230
    88203
    88201
      Coordinates: 
    33.363318014159155, -104.46687961951571
      Area total: 
    6075.08 sq. mi., 15734.39 sq. km, 3888051.84 acres
      Area land: 
    6067.17 sq. mi., 15713.91 sq. km, 3882991.36 acres
      Area water: 
    7.91 sq. mi., 20.48 sq. km, 5060.48 acres
      Established: 
    1889
      Capital seat: 

    Roswell
    Address: 1 Saint Marys Pl
    County Administration Center
    Roswell, NM 88203-5400
    Governing Body: Board of County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Chaves County, New Mexico, United States

  •   Population: 
    65,157; Population change: -0.74% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    11 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $34,654
      Households: 
    23,326
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 28,106 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.30%
      GDP: 
    $2.15 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Chaves County's population of New Mexico of 19,549 residents in 1930 has increased 3,33-fold to 65,157 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.44% female residents and 49.56% male residents live in as of 2020, 57.84% in Chaves County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 42.16% are single population.

    As of 2020, 57.84% in Chaves County, New Mexico are married and the remaining 42.16% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    26,658 residential units of which 88.23% share occupied residential units.

    18.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Chaves County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    77.59% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.52% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.48% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Chaves County, New Mexico 63.27% are owner-occupied homes, another 25.56% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.17% are vacant.

  • The 60.05% of the population in Chaves County, New Mexico who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.740%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 37.070%) of those eligible to vote in Chaves County, New Mexico.

Skyline of Chaves County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Top LED Lumination

8600 Commodity Cir STE 117, Orlando, FL 32819

TV Tokyo 12

1333 H St NW #500, Washington, DC 20005

Pegasus Inc

1309 1st Ave, Perry, IA 50220

Wnol

1 Galleria Blvd # 850, Metairie, LA 70001

CommLink

1525 Flowerfield Dr, Concord, NC 28025

Landscape of New Mexico