Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Essex County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Essex County
      Zips: 
    12872
    12961
    12964
    12858
    12975
    12851
    12960
    12855
    12987
    12913
    12956
    12977
    12936
    12950
    12857
    12943
    12852
    12942
    12941
    12997
    12928
    12974
    12996
    12993
    12870
    12932
    12944
    12883
    12946
      Coordinates: 
    44.117217590131276, -73.7727094460344
      Area total: 
    1916.27 sq. mi., 4963.10 sq. km, 1226409.60 acres
      Area land: 
    1794.12 sq. mi., 4646.74 sq. km, 1148235.52 acres
      Area water: 
    122.15 sq. mi., 316.36 sq. km, 78174.08 acres
      Established: 
    1799
      Capital seat: 

    Elizabethtown
    Address: PO BOX 217
    County Government Center
    Elizabethtown, NY 12932-0217
    Governing Body: Board of Supervisors with 18 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Essex County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    37,381; Population change: -5.05% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    21 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,394
      Households: 
    15,161
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.10% per 16,518 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    7.75%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $1.51 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Essex County's population of New York of 33,959 residents in 1930 has increased 1,1-fold to 37,381 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 48.14% female residents and 51.86% male residents live in as of 2020, 59.45% in Essex County, New York are married and the remaining 40.55% are single population.

    As of 2020, 59.45% in Essex County, New York are married and the remaining 40.55% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    25,123 residential units of which 64.04% share occupied residential units.

    22.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Essex County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.57% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.20% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.59% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.78% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Essex County, New York 46.61% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.78% are rented apartments, and the remaining 36.61% are vacant.

  • The 49.27% of the population in Essex County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 42.550%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 55.880%) of those eligible to vote in Essex County, New York.

Skyline of Essex County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Gideon Tv Vcr Repair Service

937 Dueber Ave SW, Canton, OH 44706

KRGV

900 E Expressway 83, Weslaco, TX 78596

Texas Weather Tracker TV

8204 Elmbrook Dr Ste 230, Dallas, TX 75247

Bourne Community Television

75 Waterhouse Rd, Bourne, MA 02532

On the Edge Cyberspace Inc

1509 E Madison St # 101, Seattle, WA 98122

Landscape of New York