Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Putnam County

  •   State: 
    New York
      County: 
    Putnam County
      Zips: 
    10542
    10537
    10524
    10579
    12563
    10516
    10541
    10512
    10509
      Coordinates: 
    41.42672094216541, -73.74951009542187
      Area total: 
    246.25 sq. mi., 637.79 sq. km, 157600.64 acres
      Area land: 
    230.33 sq. mi., 596.54 sq. km, 147409.28 acres
      Area water: 
    15.92 sq. mi., 41.24 sq. km, 10191.36 acres
      Established: 
    1812
      Capital seat: 

    Carmel
    Address: 40 Gleneida Ave
    County Office Building
    Carmel, NY 10512-1705
    Governing Body: Legislature with 9 board size
    Governing Authority: Home Rule

  • Putnam County, New York, United States

  •   Population: 
    97,668; Population change: -2.05% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    424 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $88,303
      Households: 
    34,625
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.60% per 50,079 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.38%
      Income taxes: 
    6.85%
      GDP: 
    $3.25 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Putnam County's population of New York of 13,744 residents in 1930 has increased 7,11-fold to 97,668 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.73% female residents and 50.27% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.47% in Putnam County, New York are married and the remaining 35.53% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.47% in Putnam County, New York are married and the remaining 35.53% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    38,308 residential units of which 92.22% share occupied residential units.

    40.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Putnam County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.84% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 8.20% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 7.15% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.30% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Putnam County, New York 77.16% are owner-occupied homes, another 16.76% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.09% are vacant.

  • The 61.29% of the population in Putnam County, New York who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.220%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.750%) of those eligible to vote in Putnam County, New York.

Skyline of Putnam County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Wepx & Wpxu

1301 S Glenburnie Rd, New Bern, NC 28562

Bloomington Educational Cable Television

8900 Portland Ave S, Bloomington, MN 55420

Langworthy's Inc

14447 165th Ave, Le Roy, MI 49655

WKQL

6440 Atlantic Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32211

Hero Broadcasting

5757 W Century Blvd # 490, Los Angeles, CA 90045

Landscape of New York