Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Catawba County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
    Catawba County
    35.662042155465286, -81.21507082985822
      Area total: 
    416.02 sq. mi., 1077.50 sq. km, 266255.36 acres
      Area land: 
    401.37 sq. mi., 1039.55 sq. km, 256878.72 acres
      Area water: 
    14.65 sq. mi., 37.95 sq. km, 9376.64 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: PO BOX 389
    County Government Center
    Newton, NC 28658-0389
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Catawba County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    160,610; Population change: 4.05% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    400 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.00% per 77,852 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $8.40 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Catawba County's population of North Carolina of 43,991 residents in 1930 has increased 3,65-fold to 160,610 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.65% female residents and 49.35% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.71% in Catawba County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 38.29% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.71% in Catawba County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 38.29% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    70,744 residential units of which 91.13% share occupied residential units.

    22.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Catawba County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.62% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 14.11% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.26% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.74% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Catawba County, North Carolina 67.11% are owner-occupied homes, another 24.64% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.25% are vacant.

  • The 58.92% of the population in Catawba County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.900%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.940%) of those eligible to vote in Catawba County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Catawba County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Millennium Sales & Marketing

6500 Wilshire Blvd #300, Los Angeles, CA 90048


819 NE 4th St, Grand Rapids, MN 55744

Community Network Televisin

211 Fodl Dr, LaGrange, GA 30240

Northeast Addison TV

25 Main St STE B, Bristol, VT 05443

Kcty Channel

20 Civic Center Plaza, Santa Ana, CA 92701

Landscape of North Carolina