Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Durham County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
    Durham County
    36.036028725858806, -78.87659278453474
      Area total: 
    297.86 sq. mi., 771.46 sq. km, 190632.32 acres
      Area land: 
    286.49 sq. mi., 741.99 sq. km, 183351.04 acres
      Area water: 
    11.38 sq. mi., 29.47 sq. km, 7281.28 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 200 E Main St
    Durham, NC 27701-3649
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Durham County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    324,833; Population change: 21.39% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,134 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.50% per 170,422 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $32.94 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Durham County's population of North Carolina of 67,196 residents in 1930 has increased 4,83-fold to 324,833 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.15% female residents and 48.85% male residents live in as of 2020, 50.70% in Durham County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 49.30% are single population.

    As of 2020, 50.70% in Durham County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 49.30% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    144,559 residential units of which 93.15% share occupied residential units.

    23.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Durham County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    75.80% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.31% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 2.70% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.70% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Durham County, North Carolina 49.33% are owner-occupied homes, another 41.08% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.59% are vacant.

  • The 38.29% of the population in Durham County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 23.630%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 75.570%) of those eligible to vote in Durham County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Durham County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

WREG-TV News Channel 3, Memphis

803 Channel 3 Dr, Memphis, TN 38103

fred tv

360 Elsbree St, Fall River, MA 02720


4975 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90019

Showtime Networks

1633 Broadway, New York, NY 10019

WNTZ Fox 48

201 Johnston St, Alexandria, LA 71301

Landscape of North Carolina