Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Haywood County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Haywood County
      Zips: 
    28738
    28745
    28785
    28751
    28721
    28716
    28786
      Coordinates: 
    35.55605558109123, -82.98217285964543
      Area total: 
    554.50 sq. mi., 1436.15 sq. km, 354881.28 acres
      Area land: 
    553.56 sq. mi., 1433.71 sq. km, 354278.40 acres
      Area water: 
    0.94 sq. mi., 2.44 sq. km, 602.88 acres
      Established: 
    1808
      Capital seat: 

    Waynesville
    Address: 215 N Main St
    Waynesville, NC 28786-3869
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Haywood County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    62,089; Population change: 5.17% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    112 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $40,392
      Households: 
    25,184
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.50% per 28,663 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $1.77 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Haywood County's population of North Carolina of 28,273 residents in 1930 has increased 2,2-fold to 62,089 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.98% female residents and 48.02% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.92% in Haywood County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.08% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.92% in Haywood County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.08% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    34,889 residential units of which 77.94% share occupied residential units.

    24.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Haywood County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.97% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.64% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.50% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.78% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Haywood County, North Carolina 61.50% are owner-occupied homes, another 17.43% are rented apartments, and the remaining 21.07% are vacant.

  • The 71.11% of the population in Haywood County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 53.120%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.360%) of those eligible to vote in Haywood County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Haywood County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Trinity Broadcasting Network

2442 Michelle Dr, Tustin, CA 92780

West Hollywood City Channel 1

8300 CA-2, West Hollywood, CA 90069

Smoke Island

6610 Folsom-Auburn Rd, Folsom, California 95630

GTV9 Melbourne

6255 Sunset Blvd # 1500, Los Angeles, CA 90028

Panhandle Paging

2610 SE 10th Ave, Amarillo, TX 79104

Landscape of North Carolina