Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Johnston County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    Johnston County
      Zips: 
    27593
    27528
    27555
    27568
    27569
    27527
    27542
    27524
    27576
    27504
    27520
    27577
      Coordinates: 
    35.51782231670574, -78.36571296269868
      Area total: 
    795.70 sq. mi., 2060.85 sq. km, 509246.08 acres
      Area land: 
    791.22 sq. mi., 2049.25 sq. km, 506381.44 acres
      Area water: 
    4.48 sq. mi., 11.59 sq. km, 2864.64 acres
      Established: 
    1746
      Capital seat: 

    Smithfield
    Address: PO BOX 1049
    Smithfield, NC 27577-1049
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 7 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Johnston County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    215,999; Population change: 27.90% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    273 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $46,909
      Households: 
    61,313
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.30% per 98,297 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $6.87 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Johnston County's population of North Carolina of 57,621 residents in 1930 has increased 3,75-fold to 215,999 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.21% female residents and 49.79% male residents live in as of 2020, 64.91% in Johnston County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.09% are single population.

    As of 2020, 64.91% in Johnston County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 35.09% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    84,340 residential units of which 93.73% share occupied residential units.

    33.4 minutes is the average time that residents in Johnston County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    80.74% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.42% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.30% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.27% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Johnston County, North Carolina 70.58% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.26% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.15% are vacant.

  • The 34.28% of the population in Johnston County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 61.420%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 37.730%) of those eligible to vote in Johnston County, North Carolina.

Skyline of Johnston County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

KPHO-TV CBS 5

5555 N 7th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85013

KMAV-AM Mayville

Portland, ND 58274

John Kulikowski TV Repair

2270 Bethany Turnpike, Pleasant Mount, PA 18453

FOX21 and SOCO CW

560 Wooten Rd, Colorado Springs, CO 80915

Tempest Media Productions

41990 Lookout Dr, Homer, AK 99603

Landscape of North Carolina