Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Defiance County

  •   State: 
    Defiance County
    41.32391612845087, -84.4904952270717
      Area total: 
    414.18 sq. mi., 1072.72 sq. km, 265075.84 acres
      Area land: 
    411.45 sq. mi., 1065.65 sq. km, 263328.00 acres
      Area water: 
    2.73 sq. mi., 7.07 sq. km, 1747.84 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 500 Court St Ste A
    County Courthouse
    Defiance, OH 43512-2171
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Defiance County, Ohio, United States

  •   Population: 
    38,286; Population change: -1.92% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    93 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.20% per 17,908 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
      Income taxes: 
    $1.68 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Defiance County's population of Ohio of 22,714 residents in 1930 has increased 1,69-fold to 38,286 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.70% female residents and 49.30% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.26% in Defiance County, Ohio are married and the remaining 37.74% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.26% in Defiance County, Ohio are married and the remaining 37.74% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    16,539 residential units of which 93.61% share occupied residential units.

    21 minutes is the average time that residents in Defiance County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.08% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.70% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.25% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.36% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Defiance County, Ohio 73.56% are owner-occupied homes, another 18.38% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.06% are vacant.

  • The 61.86% of the population in Defiance County, Ohio who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 54.110%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 43.670%) of those eligible to vote in Defiance County, Ohio.

Skyline of Defiance County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Demesia's Television Repair

401 Shrewsbury Rd, Jefferson, LA 70121

Goliath Radio

432 S Nova Rd, Ormond Beach, FL 32174

Ozarks Public Television

900 S Holland Ave, Springfield, MO 65897

Wisdom Vision TV

34-36 12th St, Queens, NY 11106

Outdoor Life Network

208 Harbor Dr # 1, Stamford, CT 06902

Landscape of Ohio