Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Lorain County

  •   State: 
    Ohio
      County: 
    Lorain County
      Zips: 
    44036
    44049
    44035
    44001
    44054
    44050
    44035
    44054
    44055
    44044
    44090
    44028
    44074
    44052
    44001
    44012
    44053
    44039
    44011
    44035
      Coordinates: 
    41.45267791018632, -82.15135434382854
      Area total: 
    923.44 sq. mi., 2391.69 sq. km, 590999.04 acres
      Area land: 
    491.20 sq. mi., 1272.20 sq. km, 314366.08 acres
      Area water: 
    432.24 sq. mi., 1119.50 sq. km, 276632.96 acres
      Established: 
    1822
      Capital seat: 

    Elyria
    Address: 226 Middle Ave
    County Courthouse
    Elyria, OH 44035-5629
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Lorain County, Ohio, United States

  •   Population: 
    312,964; Population change: 3.85% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    638 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $51,325
      Households: 
    115,119
      Unemployment rate: 
    9.90% per 149,061 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.25%
      Income taxes: 
    6.87%
      GDP: 
    $9.39 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Lorain County's population of Ohio of 109,206 residents in 1930 has increased 2,87-fold to 312,964 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.85% female residents and 49.15% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.40% in Lorain County, Ohio are married and the remaining 41.60% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.40% in Lorain County, Ohio are married and the remaining 41.60% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    134,341 residential units of which 93.22% share occupied residential units.

    24.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Lorain County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.72% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.10% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.81% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.32% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Lorain County, Ohio 70.16% are owner-occupied homes, another 23.37% are rented apartments, and the remaining 6.47% are vacant.

  • The 43.62% of the population in Lorain County, Ohio who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 40.220%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 58.070%) of those eligible to vote in Lorain County, Ohio.

Skyline of Lorain County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Catv 6

77 S Canaan Rd, Canaan, CT 06018

Hallmark Channel

12700 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, CA 91604

KAJ - Kalispell

301 1st Ave E, Kalispell, MT 59901

CNBC

3000 W Alameda Ave, Burbank, CA 91523

Signature Marketing

3602 Devilwood Ct, Fairfax, VA 22030

Landscape of Ohio