Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Minnehaha County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
    Minnehaha County
    43.67417827009899, -96.79143626478024
      Area total: 
    813.86 sq. mi., 2107.89 sq. km, 520871.04 acres
      Area land: 
    806.84 sq. mi., 2089.69 sq. km, 516374.40 acres
      Area water: 
    7.03 sq. mi., 18.20 sq. km, 4496.64 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Sioux Falls
    Address: 415 N Dakota Ave
    County Administration Building
    Sioux Falls, SD 57104-2412
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Minnehaha County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    197,214; Population change: 16.37% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    244 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.50% per 113,168 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    $15.36 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Minnehaha County's population of South Dakota of 50,872 residents in 1930 has increased 3,88-fold to 197,214 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.14% female residents and 49.86% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.83% in Minnehaha County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 43.17% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.83% in Minnehaha County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 43.17% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    83,717 residential units of which 94.03% share occupied residential units.

    18.5 minutes is the average time that residents in Minnehaha County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    84.05% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 9.20% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.77% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 3.09% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Minnehaha County, South Dakota 61.90% are owner-occupied homes, another 33.13% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.97% are vacant.

  • The 63.98% of the population in Minnehaha County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 48.730%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 49.460%) of those eligible to vote in Minnehaha County, South Dakota.

Skyline of Minnehaha County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Baldwin Television

133 Prospect St, Passaic, NJ 07055

Queenb Television LLC

141 6th St S, La Crosse, WI 54601

Bernards Television Co

216 US-206 #15, Hillsborough Township, NJ 08844

History Channel

235 E 45th St, New York, NY 10017

Alphasonik Inc

2220 E Winston Rd, Anaheim, CA 92806

Landscape of South Dakota