Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Brown County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Brown County
      Zips: 
    76827
    76804
    76432
    76857
    76890
    76802
    76823
    76802
    76801
      Coordinates: 
    31.774262325419848, -98.99979431322396
      Area total: 
    956.95 sq. mi., 2478.50 sq. km, 612449.28 acres
      Area land: 
    944.45 sq. mi., 2446.12 sq. km, 604449.28 acres
      Area water: 
    12.50 sq. mi., 32.38 sq. km, 8000.00 acres
      Established: 
    1856
      Capital seat: 

    Brownwood
    Address: 200 S Broadway St
    County Courthouse
    Brownwood, TX 76801-3136
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Brown County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    38,095; Population change: -0.03% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    40 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,736
      Households: 
    14,880
      Unemployment rate: 
    6.50% per 15,245 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $1.34 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Brown County's population of Texas of 26,382 residents in 1930 has increased 1,44-fold to 38,095 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.37% female residents and 49.63% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.40% in Brown County, Texas are married and the remaining 37.60% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.40% in Brown County, Texas are married and the remaining 37.60% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    18,897 residential units of which 79.77% share occupied residential units.

    20.3 minutes is the average time that residents in Brown County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.06% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.84% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.29% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.31% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Brown County, Texas 57.85% are owner-occupied homes, another 21.67% are rented apartments, and the remaining 20.47% are vacant.

  • The 70.05% of the population in Brown County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 80.270%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 18.790%) of those eligible to vote in Brown County, Texas.

Skyline of Brown County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

National RF Inc

7969 Engineer Rd # 102, San Diego, CA 92111

Total Connection

8295 Acorn Blvd, Punta Gorda, FL 33982

ABC National Television Sales

4100 City Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19131

North Metro TV

12520 Polk St NE, Blaine, Minnesota 55434

News On 6 KOTV

303 N Boston Ave, Tulsa, OK 74103

Landscape of Texas