Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Ector County

  •   State: 
    Ector County
    31.869172540771785, -102.54274920661227
      Area total: 
    901.82 sq. mi., 2335.70 sq. km, 577163.52 acres
      Area land: 
    897.81 sq. mi., 2325.32 sq. km, 574599.68 acres
      Area water: 
    4.01 sq. mi., 10.38 sq. km, 2563.84 acres
      Capital seat: 

    Address: 1010 E 8Th St
    County Courthouse
    Odessa, TX 79761-4634
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Ector County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    165,171; Population change: 20.45% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    184 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
      Unemployment rate: 
    11.00% per 82,852 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    $13.45 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Ector County's population of Texas of 3,958 residents in 1930 has increased 41,73-fold to 165,171 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.01% female residents and 48.99% male residents live in as of 2020, 60.42% in Ector County, Texas are married and the remaining 39.58% are single population.

    As of 2020, 60.42% in Ector County, Texas are married and the remaining 39.58% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    66,086 residential units of which 86.76% share occupied residential units.

    20.1 minutes is the average time that residents in Ector County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    81.88% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 13.04% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.16% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.37% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Ector County, Texas 62.03% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.58% are rented apartments, and the remaining 9.39% are vacant.

  • The 52.27% of the population in Ector County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 73.490%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 25.590%) of those eligible to vote in Ector County, Texas.

Skyline of Ector County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Comstock TV Sales & Service

119 Kelsey St, Wellsboro, PA 16901

Wave Channel 21

626 Elm St, Woodland, CA 95695

Molly TV

11705 13 Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48093

Clever Fox Entertainment

600 W Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH 44113


3707 Hillegas Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46808

Landscape of Texas