Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Potter County

  •   State: 
    Texas
      County: 
    Potter County
      Zips: 
    79117
    79058
    79116
    79159
    79012
    79120
    79111
    79104
    79103
    79108
    79124
    79102
    79107
    79101
    79106
      Coordinates: 
    35.40127578782004, -101.8940049801045
      Area total: 
    921.98 sq. mi., 2387.91 sq. km, 590065.28 acres
      Area land: 
    908.39 sq. mi., 2352.72 sq. km, 581369.60 acres
      Area water: 
    13.59 sq. mi., 35.19 sq. km, 8695.68 acres
      Established: 
    1876
      Capital seat: 

    Amarillo
    Address: PO BOX 9638
    County Courthouse
    Amarillo, TX 79105-9638
    Governing Body: Commisioners Court with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Potter County, Texas, United States

  •   Population: 
    118,525; Population change: -2.10% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    130 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $33,138
      Households: 
    42,492
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.50% per 54,150 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $7.72 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Potter County's population of Texas of 46,080 residents in 1930 has increased 2,57-fold to 118,525 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 49.08% female residents and 50.92% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.90% in Potter County, Texas are married and the remaining 41.10% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.90% in Potter County, Texas are married and the remaining 41.10% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    48,692 residential units of which 87.81% share occupied residential units.

    19.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Potter County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    78.84% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 15.44% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.52% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.12% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Potter County, Texas 53.88% are owner-occupied homes, another 35.16% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.96% are vacant.

  • The 83.26% of the population in Potter County, Texas who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 69.170%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 29.780%) of those eligible to vote in Potter County, Texas.

Skyline of Potter County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Columbia Access Television

20 N 2nd St STE A, Columbia, MO 65203

Watertown Community Access Center

50 Columbia St, Watertown, MA 02472

Thumper Media

25 Quincy Ln, Bergenfield, NJ 07621

Comcorp of Texas Inc

Bryan, TX 77805

Eisenbergers TV

414 S President Ave, Lancaster, PA 17603

Landscape of Texas