Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

ZIP Code 28409

Zip code area 28409 in Wilmington, New Hanover County, NC

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      Counties: 
    New Hanover County
      Cities: 
    Wilmington
      County FIPS: 
    37129
      Area total: 
    27.531 sq mi
      Area land: 
    22.405 sq mi
      Area water: 
    5.126 sq mi
      Elevation: 
    4 feet
  •   Latitude: 
    34,1628
      Longitude: 
    -77,8716
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Wilmington NC
      Timezone: 
    Eastern Standard Time (EST) UTC-5:00; Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) UTC-4:00
      Coordinates: 
    34.15484, -77.86235
      GMAP: 

    North Carolina 28409, USA

  •   Population: 
    34,273 individuals
      Population density: 
    22,803.7 people per square miles
      Households: 
    1,083
      Unemployment rate: 
    3.6%
      Household income: 
    $95,772 average annual income
      Housing units: 
    14,140 residential housing units
      Health insurance: 
    5.6% of residents who report not having health insurance
      Veterans: 
    0.8% of residents who are veterans

The ZIP 28409 is a South ZIP code and located in the preferred city/town Wilmington, New Hanover County, North Carolina with a population estimated today at about 38.727 peoples. The preferred city may be different from the city where the zip code 28409 is located. Wilmington is usually the name of the main post office. When sending a package or mail, always indicate your preferred or accepted cities. Using any city from the list of invalid cities may result in delays.

Wilmington is the primary city, obsolete and unacceptable cities or spellings are Wilm.

  • Living in the postal code area 28409 of Wilmington, New Hanover County, North Carolina 48.4% of population who are male and 51.6% who are female.

    The median age for all people, for males & for females based on 2020 Census data. Median is the middle value, when all possible values are listed in order. Median is not the same as Average (or Mean).

  • Household income staggered according to certain income ranges.

    The median commute time of resident workers require for a one-way commute to work in minutes.

    The distribution of different age groups in the population of the zip code area of Wilmington, New Hanover County 28409.

    The percentage distribution of the population by race.

    Estimated residential value of individual residential buildings as a percentage.

    The age of the building does not always say something about the structural condition of the residential buildings.

    The percentage of education level of the population.

New Hanover County

  •   State: 
    North Carolina
      County: 
    New Hanover County
      Zips: 
    28407
    28408
    28402
    28406
    28449
    28480
    28429
    28428
    28409
    28411
    28412
    28405
    28401
    28403
      Coordinates: 
    34.18155518104688, -77.86559773304624
      Area total: 
    328.86 sq. mi., 851.74 sq. km, 210469.76 acres
      Area land: 
    192.25 sq. mi., 497.93 sq. km, 123040.64 acres
      Area water: 
    136.61 sq. mi., 353.81 sq. km, 87429.12 acres
      Established: 
    1729
      Capital seat: 

    Wilmington
    Address: 230 Government Center Dr
    Wilmington, NC 28403-1696
    Governing Body: County Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • New Hanover County, North Carolina, United States

  •   Population: 
    225,702; Population change: 11.37% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    1,174 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $47,578
      Households: 
    85,939
      Unemployment rate: 
    7.30% per 120,839 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.75%
      Income taxes: 
    8.25%
      GDP: 
    $12.02 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • New Hanover County's population of North Carolina of 43,010 residents in 1930 has increased 5,25-fold to 225,702 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 51.62% female residents and 48.38% male residents live in as of 2020, 56.79% in New Hanover County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 43.21% are single population.

    As of 2020, 56.79% in New Hanover County, North Carolina are married and the remaining 43.21% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    113,368 residential units of which 86.54% share occupied residential units.

    22.2 minutes is the average time that residents in New Hanover County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.36% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.59% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.84% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 2.98% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in New Hanover County, North Carolina 56.37% are owner-occupied homes, another 28.95% are rented apartments, and the remaining 14.68% are vacant.

  • The 45.95% of the population in New Hanover County, North Carolina who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 50.210%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 48.820%) of those eligible to vote in New Hanover County, North Carolina.

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Atlanta DTH Inc

17940 Ajax Cir, City of Industry, CA 91748

Broadcast Results Group

200 Eagle Rd, Wayne, PA 19087

Graham-Patten Systems

119 E McKnight Way # A, Grass Valley, CA 95949

WHVL TV

2820 E College Ave A, State College, PA 16801

Battlecat Marine

801 Tarpon Dr, Wilmington, NC 28409