Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

ZIP Code 57201

Zip code area 57201 in Watertown, Codington County, SD

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      Counties: 
    Codington County
    ,
    Hamlin County
      Cities: 
    Watertown
      Counties all: 
    Codington | Hamlin
      County FIPS: 
    46029 | 46057
      Area total: 
    320.486 sq mi
      Area land: 
    319.088 sq mi
      Area water: 
    13.98 sq mi
      Elevation: 
    1.234 feet
  •   Latitude: 
    44,9056
      Longitude: 
    -97,1133
      Dman name cbsa: 
    Watertown SD
      Timezone: 
    Central Standard Time Zone (CST), UTC-6:00; Central Daylight Time (CDT), UTC-5:00
      Coordinates: 
    44.93786, -97.09464
      GMAP: 

    South Dakota 57201, USA

  •   Population: 
    52,481 individuals
      Population density: 
    1,212.35 people per square miles
      Households: 
    16,879
      Unemployment rate: 
    1.6%
      Household income: 
    $61,323 average annual income
      Housing units: 
    12,029 residential housing units
      Health insurance: 
    6.7% of residents who report not having health insurance
      Veterans: 
    0.9% of residents who are veterans

The ZIP 57201 is a Midwest ZIP code and located in the preferred city/town Watertown, Codington County, South Dakota with a population estimated today at about 28.153 peoples. The preferred city may be different from the city where the zip code 57201 is located. Watertown is usually the name of the main post office. When sending a package or mail, always indicate your preferred or accepted cities. Using any city from the list of invalid cities may result in delays.

Watertown is the primary city, acceptable cities are Waverly, obsolete and unacceptable cities or spellings are Appleby, Foley, Grover, Kampeska, Pelican, Rauville.

  • Living in the postal code area 57201 of Watertown, Codington County, South Dakota 50.7% of population who are male and 49.3% who are female.

    The median age for all people, for males & for females based on 2020 Census data. Median is the middle value, when all possible values are listed in order. Median is not the same as Average (or Mean).

  • Household income staggered according to certain income ranges.

    The median commute time of resident workers require for a one-way commute to work in minutes.

    The distribution of different age groups in the population of the zip code area of Watertown, Codington County 57201.

    The percentage distribution of the population by race.

    Estimated residential value of individual residential buildings as a percentage.

    The age of the building does not always say something about the structural condition of the residential buildings.

    The percentage of education level of the population.

Codington County

  •   State: 
    South Dakota
      County: 
    Codington County
      Zips: 
    57272
    57245
    57263
    57243
    57235
    57201
      Coordinates: 
    44.97785297525545, -97.18861852942204
      Area total: 
    717.16 sq. mi., 1857.45 sq. km, 458984.96 acres
      Area land: 
    687.59 sq. mi., 1780.84 sq. km, 440054.40 acres
      Area water: 
    29.58 sq. mi., 76.61 sq. km, 18930.56 acres
      Established: 
    1877
      Capital seat: 

    Watertown
    Address: 14 1st Ave, SE
    County Courthouse
    Watertown, SD 57201-3611
    Governing Body: Board of Commissioners with 5 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Codington County, South Dakota, United States

  •   Population: 
    28,325; Population change: 4.03% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    41 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $45,386
      Households: 
    10,833
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.90% per 15,416 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      GDP: 
    $1.39 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Codington County's population of South Dakota of 17,457 residents in 1930 has increased 1,62-fold to 28,325 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.02% female residents and 49.98% male residents live in as of 2020, 61.26% in Codington County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 38.74% are single population.

    As of 2020, 61.26% in Codington County, South Dakota are married and the remaining 38.74% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    13,211 residential units of which 91.03% share occupied residential units.

    15.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Codington County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    82.88% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 7.38% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.85% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 5.37% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Codington County, South Dakota 63.61% are owner-occupied homes, another 26.11% are rented apartments, and the remaining 10.27% are vacant.

  • The 78.55% of the population in Codington County, South Dakota who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 52.310%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 45.920%) of those eligible to vote in Codington County, South Dakota.

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Tara's Flowers Inc

12005 Jamaica Ave, Richmond Hill, NY 11418

Desert West Media

304 E Main St Suite B, Barstow, CA 92311

Kymb-TV Channel 27

Monterey, CA 93940

Local 22 & Local 44

298 Mountain View Dr, Colchester, VT 05446

Spruce Creek TV

2 Folcutt Rd, Kittery Point, ME 03905