Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Addison County

  •   State: 
    Vermont
      County: 
    Addison County
      Zips: 
    05747
    05740
    05766
    05748
    05469
    05778
    05491
    05753
    05753
    05456
    05769
    05491
    05734
    05487
    05770
    05473
    05760
    05443
    05472
    05443
    05491
    05753
      Coordinates: 
    44.03087190906652, -73.14092167992887
      Area total: 
    807.76 sq. mi., 2092.08 sq. km, 516965.12 acres
      Area land: 
    766.33 sq. mi., 1984.78 sq. km, 490449.92 acres
      Area water: 
    41.43 sq. mi., 107.30 sq. km, 26515.20 acres
      Established: 
    1785
      Capital seat: 

    Middlebury
    Address: 7 Mahady Ct
    County Courthouse
    Middlebury, VT 05753-4468
    Governing Body: County Court with 2 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Addison County, Vermont, United States

  •   Population: 
    37,363; Population change: 1.47% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    49 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $54,553
      Households: 
    13,788
      Unemployment rate: 
    5.00% per 19,936 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    9.50%
      GDP: 
    $1.59 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Addison County's population of Vermont of 17,952 residents in 1930 has increased 2,08-fold to 37,363 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.46% female residents and 49.54% male residents live in as of 2020, 58.33% in Addison County, Vermont are married and the remaining 41.67% are single population.

    As of 2020, 58.33% in Addison County, Vermont are married and the remaining 41.67% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    17,385 residential units of which 85.74% share occupied residential units.

    25.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Addison County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    71.54% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.87% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.21% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 7.97% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Addison County, Vermont 63.06% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.84% are rented apartments, and the remaining 16.10% are vacant.

  • The 32.55% of the population in Addison County, Vermont who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 29.460%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 68.620%) of those eligible to vote in Addison County, Vermont.

Skyline of Addison County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Prince of Wales Satellite

Delta Junction, AK 99737

Satellite Source

1830 Brundage Ln, Bakersfield, CA 93304

Holland Vision Systems

11301 James St, Holland, MI 49424

KAMU-TV

Moore Communications Center, 900 Houston St #77843, College Station, TX 77840

Landscape of Vermont