Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Chittenden County

  •   State: 
    Vermont
      County: 
    Chittenden County
      Zips: 
    05451
    05453
    05466
    05490
    05406
    05407
    05439
    05402
    05495
    05452
    05494
    05405
    05462
    05489
    05445
    05465
    05408
    05477
    05461
    05404
    05468
    05482
    05446
    05452
    05495
    05403
    05401
      Coordinates: 
    44.46104258097369, -73.08124968047362
      Area total: 
    619.30 sq. mi., 1603.98 sq. km, 396352.00 acres
      Area land: 
    536.59 sq. mi., 1389.75 sq. km, 343415.04 acres
      Area water: 
    82.71 sq. mi., 214.23 sq. km, 52936.96 acres
      Established: 
    1787
      Capital seat: 

    Burlington
    Address: PO Box 187
    Burlington, VT 05402-0187
    Governing Body: County Court with 2 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Chittenden County, Vermont, United States

  •   Population: 
    168,323; Population change: 7.52% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    313 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $59,125
      Households: 
    60,333
      Unemployment rate: 
    4.80% per 93,110 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    9.50%
      GDP: 
    $10.47 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Chittenden County's population of Vermont of 47,471 residents in 1930 has increased 3,55-fold to 168,323 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.92% female residents and 49.08% male residents live in as of 2020, 54.13% in Chittenden County, Vermont are married and the remaining 45.87% are single population.

    As of 2020, 54.13% in Chittenden County, Vermont are married and the remaining 45.87% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    73,085 residential units of which 94.48% share occupied residential units.

    21.7 minutes is the average time that residents in Chittenden County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    76.11% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 10.68% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 1.39% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 4.26% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Chittenden County, Vermont 63.81% are owner-occupied homes, another 31.68% are rented apartments, and the remaining 4.51% are vacant.

  • The 35.01% of the population in Chittenden County, Vermont who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 26.650%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 71.440%) of those eligible to vote in Chittenden County, Vermont.

Skyline of Chittenden County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Wbna TV Dt8 Corporation Office

5400 Minor Ln, Louisville, KY 40218

Stevens Marine Radio

1412 Creek St, Rochester, NY 14625

Spotlight On

45 Mountain Dr, Watchung, NJ 07069

Khiz

15605 Village Dr, Victorville, CA 92394

WDTT TV 38

106 N A St, Lenoir City, TN 37771

Landscape of Vermont