Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Roanoke City

  •   State: 
    Virginia
      County: 
    Roanoke City
      Zips: 
    24001
    24025
    24029
    24033
    24034
    24036
    24040
    24042
    24022
    24020
    24019
    24018
    24013
    24015
    24017
    24011
    24019
    24014
    24016
    24012
    24018
      Coordinates: 
    37.27848533295417, -79.95808356893107
      Area total: 
    42.85 sq. mi., 110.99 sq. km, 27424.64 acres
      Area land: 
    42.52 sq. mi., 110.13 sq. km, 27213.44 acres
      Area water: 
    0.33 sq. mi., 0.86 sq. km, 211.20 acres
  • Roanoke City, Virginia, United States

  •   Household income: 
    $38,891
      Households: 
    42,192
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.50%
  •   Sales taxes: 
    5.00%
      Income taxes: 
    5.75%
  • Roanoke City's population of Virginia of 79,332 residents in 1990 has increased 1,22-fold to 96,929 residents after 30 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 53.10% female residents and 46.90% male residents live in as of 2020, 49.57% in Roanoke City, Virginia are married and the remaining 50.43% are single population.

    As of 2020, 49.57% in Roanoke City, Virginia are married and the remaining 50.43% are single population.

  • 20.9 minutes is the average time that residents in Roanoke City require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    79.40% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 12.28% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 3.13% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.95% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Roanoke City, Virginia 51.66% are owner-occupied homes, another 40.01% are rented apartments, and the remaining 8.33% are vacant.

  • The 45.97% of the population in Roanoke City, Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 37.760%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 61.150%) of those eligible to vote in Roanoke City, Virginia.

Skyline of Roanoke City

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Wisdom Vision TV

34-36 12th St, Queens, NY 11106

A & M Satellite Sonoma County

325 N Cloverdale Blvd, Cloverdale, CA 95425

FOX 13

1813 Westlake Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109

WISC-TV News 3 Now | Channel3000.com

7025 Raymond Rd, Madison, WI 53719

KBLC Television

1678 10th St, Oakland, California 94607

Landscape of Virginia