Skip to main content
U.S. flag

This is an original und secure website

Raleigh County

  •   State: 
    West Virginia
      County: 
    Raleigh County
      Zips: 
    25048
    25062
    25880
    25911
    25180
    25919
    25008
    25060
    25853
    25902
    25044
    25836
    25851
    25857
    25906
    25908
    25174
    25007
    25817
    25849
    25909
    25989
    25802
    25920
    25915
    25927
    25839
    25865
    25878
    25932
    25818
    25873
    25823
    25825
    25140
    25871
    25813
    25843
    25844
    25921
    25918
    25832
    25827
    25880
    25813
    25801
      Coordinates: 
    37.771364212271266, -81.2486360766109
      Area total: 
    609.35 sq. mi., 1578.20 sq. km, 389982.08 acres
      Area land: 
    605.36 sq. mi., 1567.87 sq. km, 387429.12 acres
      Area water: 
    3.99 sq. mi., 10.33 sq. km, 2552.96 acres
      Established: 
    1850
      Capital seat: 

    Beckley
    Address: 116 1/2 N. Heber St.
    Beckley, WV
    Governing Body: County Commission with 3 board size
    Governing Authority: Dillon's Rule

  • Raleigh County, West Virginia, United States

  •   Population: 
    74,591; Population change: -5.41% (2010 - 2020)
      Population density: 
    123 persons per square mile
      Household income: 
    $38,879
      Households: 
    32,438
      Unemployment rate: 
    8.90% per 30,524 county labor force
  •   Sales taxes: 
    6.00%
      Income taxes: 
    6.50%
      GDP: 
    $2.84 B, gross domestic product (GDP)
  • Raleigh County's population of West Virginia of 68,072 residents in 1930 has increased 1,1-fold to 74,591 residents after 90 years, according to the official 2020 census. U.S. Bureau of the Census beginning in 1900. Data for 1870-1890 are on a de facto or unspecified basis; data for 1900 and later years are resident totals.

    Approximately 50.46% female residents and 49.54% male residents live in as of 2020, 62.31% in Raleigh County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 37.69% are single population.

    As of 2020, 62.31% in Raleigh County, West Virginia are married and the remaining 37.69% are single population.

  •   Housing units: 
    34,581 residential units of which 87.70% share occupied residential units.

    27.6 minutes is the average time that residents in Raleigh County require for a one-way commute to work. A long commute can have different effects on health. A Gallup poll in the US found that in terms of mental health, long haul commuters are up to 12 percent more likely to experience worry, and ten percent less likely to feel well rested. The Gallup poll also found that of people who commute 61­–90 minutes each day, a whopping one third complained of neck and back pain, compared to less than a quarter of people who only spend ten minutes getting to work.

    83.39% of the working population which commute to work alone in their car, 11.86% of the working population which commutes to work in a carpool, 0.32% of the population that commutes using mass transit, including bus, light rail, subway, and ferry. 1.96% of the population that has their home as their principal place of work.

  • Of the total residential buildings in Raleigh County, West Virginia 67.71% are owner-occupied homes, another 20.43% are rented apartments, and the remaining 11.86% are vacant.

  • The 21.52% of the population in Raleigh County, West Virginia who identify themselves as belonging to a religion are distributed among the following most diverse religions.

    Since the 1860s, the two main parties have been the Republican Party (here in 2022 = 62.100%) and the Democratic Party (here in 2022 = 36.230%) of those eligible to vote in Raleigh County, West Virginia.

Skyline of Raleigh County

In 51 U.S. states are published

503 Companies
296 Counties
381 Cities

The 5 newest Companies

Turner Broadcasting System

1888 Century Park E STE 1200, Los Angeles, CA 90067

Initia Inc

81 Corbett Way, Eatontown, NJ 07724

Petry Television

5950 Fairview Rd # 801, Charlotte, NC 28210

Mayo Records

8311 Glen Shadow, San Antonio, TX 78239

Bravo Network

30 Rockefeller Plaza #270e, New York, NY 10112

Other Companies

Martz Communications Group

955 S Virginia St # 222, Reno, NV 89502

Telemundo Network Llc

2290 W 8th Ave, Hialeah, FL 33010

Hmong TV Network Inc

1113 Dayton Ave #5, Clovis, CA 93612

James Coldiron TV Repair

53 Jackson St, McCutchenville, OH 44844

Gpb Education

260 14th St NW, Atlanta, GA 30318

Landscape of West Virginia